Factors that influence Animation cost :
- Total Length – Longer Total Run time on projects are generally more expensive to produce. Shorter Projects are less expensive.
- Content – More objects on the screen, more detailed environments, more realistic lighting is more work. Less detail and less movement per scene is less work.
Number of Custom or purchased Assets needed – Sometimes there are pre-made 3d models we can purchase for your animation. We look to include these items when ever possible. Sometimes online stores sell 3D Models that are pre-made. What may have taken 20-40 hours to model is sometimes available as a greatly discounted price. When we find appropriate 3d models for use on your project, we pass this savings on to you.
- Creative Development and Planning Hours – Sometimes plans look better on paper, but when you create visuals from them you realize visuals don’t look or transition naturally as you are used to seeing them do in films or ads. Don’t worry! We can help you through this planning phase. We can offer light guidance and reference or take a more heavy handed approach. It’s your choice! The more you think through your idea a higher quality product results.
- Render Quality – It takes more hours to produce visually stunning, polished, realistic looking 3D Animation. It takes more computers to crunch complex lighting algorhthyms. Less hours are put into making an animation that is less realistic looking.
- Style Quality – (e.g., 2D, 3D, or sketched) Is there a specific look you love? Whether something is realistic looking or not, if you have a very specific look you want to match, that will take more time than if you are not as particular. For example: if you want to produce illustrative animation that has a black ink outline around all objects that has a specific width, achieving this specific look would take more hours to produce than if you were okay us producing either a similar look or producing the animation without the feature.
- Due Date – Rush jobs take more hours to produce than non-rush jobs.
- Approval Processes – Is the project going to be start/stop? Or will feedback and approval of designs be available same or next day?
Tips on how to save $$$ when producing your Animation:
Stay organized – Having reference for what kind of Animation you want or like helps us produce animation you’ll love.
Plan – Think through the timing of your animation, what you want to see in each scene, and what will be seen or heard in your animation. Don’t have time for this? We offer creative development services so we can do this work for you! Ask us for more details about this service.
Take your time – Costs go up during rush jobs. Many standard animation jobs take 4-6 weeks. More complex jobs can take 2-4 months. Can we do all this in a 1-2 weeks? Yes, no problem in most situations however increases cost may occur depending on how many team members we have to add to complete your job by a specific due date.
How long does it take to produce an animated film?
The first stage of creating a 3D animated film is developing a script and a suitable visual story in the form of storyboards. This generally takes 3-8 weeks. If your team provides these elements that are well developed, then we start at the next step, the production phase and thus skip the first stage the Creative Development and exploratory stage. The second stage is the actual production of the animation which takes a further 2-6 months depending on the complexity and if you’re ordering rush job status. Often times there are at least two feedback revision rounds and then updates along the way as it makes sense to do so without slowing the production process down. During production time clients usually need to submit our major updates to legal and regulatory boards for approval. Since approval process times vary it’s challenging to estimate total production time, however this information should be considered when planning and calculating overall time for the production.
Have a project you’re ready to discuss? Request a quote HERE , Call us (512) 591-8024 , email us: email@example.com or you can sent us a quick message using the contact form below.